42-41 after the third overtime against Jesuit

By Eva McConnell, Staff Writer

Screen Shot 2014-11-22 at 9.59.07 AMTigard Tigers pull out a 42-41 win after three overtimes against Jesuit Crusaders in state quarter finals at Tigard High School.

By the end of the third quarter, the Crusaders had a 21-7 lead leaving the Tigers in a tough spot. With a sudden change in mindset, Tigard pulled it together in the last few minutes of the game to score into an overtime. By the third overtime, Tigard and Jesuit had been able to maintain tying up the game each overtime before the clock went down. The score was 42-41 in the last few seconds after Jesuit’s touchdown. The Crusaders went for the extra point and missed, ending the game once and for all.

“We came out with the mindset that this was not going to be our last game,” said senior running back Sam Inos to OregonLive.

The stands were packed with fans as they watched from the stadium staying out of the windy downpour. The Tigard Army cheered hard as they watched their team go into overtime not once, not twice, but three times. After the Crusaders missed attempt at an extra point to send the game into a fourth overtime, the student section went wild, storming the field to celebrate the victory.

“It’s so crazy how far our team has come this year. We’re going to go all the way this year and win state. I believe it and everyone else better believe it too. We’re going to the top baby!” Exclaimed sophomore and student fan Luca Rivano after the win.

With the end to an intense game, the Tigers will be heading to play in the state semifinals against West Salem on Friday, Nov. 28.