Exam study is no problem with these great study spots

Delena Do

Shari’s can be a good spot to study, as long as you don’t mind smelling hash browns for the rest of the day.

By Delena Do, Staff Writer

Ava Roasteria: Open from 6:00 to 1:00 a.m. every day, Ava Roasteria is a great place to study for long hours. Ava is a popular chain of upscale cafes scattered throughout Oregon. But the one that is closest for Tigard High students will be in Progress Ridge. With their welcoming atmosphere, you and your friends can freely talk about presentations or work on group projects without having to deal with moments of awkward silence. Not only is it popular with high school and college students, it is also well-known for adults who want to grab a cup of coffee and catch up with their friends. This means that Ava is often crowded throughout the day, and it’s hard to grab a spot on the weekends, although the crowd dies down throughout Monday to Thursday. Ava does offer free Wi-Fi, but it’s a very slow connection, so don’t count on doing a lot of research there.

Wifi Rating: 2/5

Katie Sung
Ava’s is a good place to study, though it can get crowded moms and retirees.

Tigard Public Library: Tigard Public Library has a variety of books for all ages and is open for everyone. Their extremely quiet atmosphere forces students to be on task. There are rooms available with reservation for more privacy and group meetings. Not only that, but there are free textbooks and books available for students. Unlike cafes, the Tigard Library has a great Wi-Fi connection and resources such as printers and computers. Also, you won’t be forced to buy anything.

Wi-Fi Rating: 5/5

Barnes & Noble: This bookstore is located in Bridgeport and has two floors dedicated to books from all kinds for all ages. They also have plenty of tables on both floors that can be reserved. There is also a cafe built in so that you can enjoy a cup of coffee while studying. However, it can be crowded and loud at times. This place is recommended for group studies because you can go grab lunch and go shopping with your friends afterwards. This is not the best place to cram important studies in but great for light homework or group studies.

Wi-Fi Rating: 3/5

Tigard High School: Our school has a time reserved for students who need extra tutoring or a place to quietly study. There are teachers available in the library to help you through whatever you need in order for you to be successful. The times are limited from after school until 4:30 p.m. because at that time Buses are provided for those who are unable to get picked up. This is the best option for those who are struggling and need an extra hand in specific subjects or have trouble focusing in loud atmospheres. Computers and Wi-Fi are also provided in the library.

Wi-Fi Rating: 3/5

Shari’s: Shari’s is a chain restaurants known for being open late and serving great milkshakes and pie. Shari’s is the best place to study at if you’re feeling hungry or forgot to study for a huge test the night before. It’s open 24 hours and offers decent Wi-Fi for customers. The seats are comfy and the tables are spacious so you can have room to relax as well. However, there is a downside being in a restaurant that is popular for their hash browns. The smell of fried food will haunt you all the way home, so this place isn’t recommended for you if you’ve either just taken a shower or don’t want to smell like french fries or hash browns for the rest of the day.

Wi-Fi Rating: 4/5