After prom party ideas

By Tate Watson, Staff Writer

Prom is almost upon us and while you may have all of the logistics figured out for where you’re going to dinner, how you’ll get to the Tiffany Center, and what you’ll be wearing. However, the party doesn’t end at 11 pm when the DJ packs up. Here are some fun after prom ideas if partying isn’t your thing and you just want to have a fun, chill time with all of your friends and make some awesome memories.

imgres

Host a movie marathon

After dancing the night away, it’s ok to just want to chill out in your sweats and watch your favorite movies. Find someone with a huge tv and big space to set up sleeping bags, blankets, and pillows so you can cuddle up and binge watch your favorite comedy movies. Choose movies with cheesy prom scenes, such as High School Musical 3 or Footloose, to commemorate the experience and don’t forget the popcorn and candy!

images

Build a bonfire

Since prom is in the spring, it (hopefully) won’t be freezing outside afterwards so having an outdoor activity is definitely possible! Whether you drive all the way to the beach or use a firepit in one of your friends’ backyards, having a bonfire is a fun way to bond with your friends by cuddling up, telling scary stories, and eating s’mores. Make sure you bring comfy clothes wherever you decide to have it- you don’t want to drip marshmallows on your dress.

sev-date-dares-7-de

Have a bowling tournament

If you still have enough energy after dancing all night to go and do something active, have a bowling tournament with your prom group! Swap out heels for bowling shoes and get ready to bowl some strikes. Big Al’s and Tigard Bowl are both open until 1 am and serve lots of late night snacks perfect after a night out dancing. If bowling isn’t your thing there’s also lots of fun arcade games where you can challenge your friends to try and see who can win the biggest stuffed animal.

Prom doesn’t need to end in a stereotypical post prom blackout. This is one of the last chances you have to be together with all of your high school friends so you want to make the most of it and be able to remember what happened later! Have fun and live life to the fullest, just don’t make stupid decisions.