Spooky haunted houses to attend

By Hannah Curry, Staff Writer

Halloween is a time to be scared or scare your friends, and what better way to do that than go to a haunted house! Trick-or-treating is fun, but as years go on, high school students just don’t seem interested in dressing up and going door to door to get candy. Many haunted houses are open through Halloween, and many are available in the Portland area. Here are some popular attractions that you should definitely check out during the week of Halloween!

The House of Shadows Located in Gresham, it is Oregon’s only FULL CONTACT haunted house. It is open everyday during the week of Halloween including Nov. 1 and is $20 for general admission. Go to www.scaredinoregon.com for more information.

The Fear PDX For just $20, enter 5 attractions of fear. It is located in Portland and is open on Oct. 28-Nov. 1 during the week of Halloween, as well as Nov. 6 & 7. Go to www.fearpdx.com for more information.

13th Door This attraction located in Beaverton is one huge haunted house and is the oldest in Oregon. General admission is only $15 ($13 group rates on Monday-Thursday) and it is open everyday during the week of Halloween including Nov. 1, 6 & 7. Visit 13thdoor.com for additional information.

Frighttown With 3 haunted houses to be scared at, general admission is $22 for all ages. Frighttown is open Oct. 28-31 during the week of Halloween and is located in Portland. For additional information, visit www.frighttown.com