“Snowball ’23”: leadership prepares for winter formal

Tigard High hosts winter formal for the first time since 2019

The “Snowball” will be held in the Tigard High commons.

By Molly Fast, Staff Writer

For the first time since 2019, Tigard High is hosting a winter formal. This year’s dance is called the “Snowball” and takes place on Jan. 28 from 7-10p.m.. The “Snowball” will be held in the Tigard Commons, the same place as the homecoming dance. The dress code is formal/semi-formal, but students are encouraged to wear whatever makes them comfortable. Formal and semi-formal attire includes short or mid length dresses, skirts, jumpsuits, dress shirts, and slacks. 

Tickets can be purchased online by scanning one of the many QR codes around the school. Students who do not have access to a debit or credit card can purchase tickets from the bookkeeper. Tickets are available for presale until Jan. 24 for $10 with an ASB sticker and $15 without. Tickets purchased between Jan. 24 and before 5p.m. on the 28 will be $13 with an ASB sticker and $18 without. Tickets will not be available at the door, but will be available for purchase online the day of the dance from 5-8pm for $20. 

Leadership’s sophomore class officers are organizing the dance. All money raised will be going toward the class of 2025’s graduation.

ASB President Kayla Kumm is in charge of the winter formal’s return. “I wanted to bring back [this event] as I wanted to provide the student body with another fun event. I felt it was especially important since seniors missed out on their sophomore homecoming, juniors missed out on their freshman homecoming, and underclassmen don’t get to attend prom in April,” Kumm said.

All Tigard High students are welcome to attend, but, at this time no outside guests are allowed. 

“We are excited for the dance and hope for a good turnout so this dance can continue in future years,” Kumm said.