Tigard Victory 56-34 against the Newberg Tigers

By Taylor Wilhoit, Staff Writer

Standing room only at the Tigard Tigers vs. Newberg Tigers game, students from Newberg and Tigard alike drove to the football field in Newberg to experience the Friday night football game. The stadium was packed with students cheering and stomping to support their football team. With the final score at 56 Tigard to 34 Newberg, it gave the away team something to shout about. Lots of support (and cheers) came from the white-clad tiger fanbase, as students wore their white shirts, pants, socks and even painter suits to show their Tiger Pride. This game moved Tigard up 5-0, a winning streak yet to be broken. Tigard Seniors Ryan Bay and Brady McGetrick both intercepted the ball in the second half, within 5 minutes of each other, resulting in touchdowns both times.

“We came together as a team and finally got it going, we just kept the wheels going,” said Senior Jake Spadafora, “We got our act together,and we started playing as a team like we need to be”.

And the teamwork paid off. Pulling ahead in the  second half and finishing with four more touchdowns, Tigard’s victory had people celebrating on and off the field as the buzzer hit 0.

Junior Ashley Dawes said, “The best part of the game tonight was that even when we were down or tied, our boys didn’t give up. It’s so fun watching our seniors have a good year.” Tigard moves on for another game next week, giving the student section something more to cheer about.